Best Scope For 300 Blackout | Top Rated Scopes For A Great Rifle
In order to determine which is the best scope for 300 Blackout rifle, we need to understand just what 300 Blackout is. Developed by Advanced Armament in 2011, a 300 Blackout rifle is a specialty caliber that excels at short to medium range distances of up to 300 yards. It is the only semi-automatic cartridge capable of cycling both super and subsonic rounds without changing anything but the rounds. Some thought needs to go into determining the best scope for 300 Blackout. Here are our top 8 suggested picks:
The 300 Blackout can be found in AR style pistols, AR style rifles and carbines, and short barrel rifles. It can also be found in some single shot and bolt action rifles, like Remington 700 and Ruger America, but they are the exception. For this article we will concentrate on the best scope for the 300 Blackout rifle rather than the AR style pistols. The same considerations will need to be taken when determining the best optic for your 300 Blackout rifles, whether you are using the AR platform or single shot and bolt action platforms.
What is the best 300 Blackout optic to use?
The 300 Blackout is a very versatile round. It was developed as a close-quarters round to be fired out of short barreled rifles with a suppressor. This makes it a good choice for close quarter combat, self-defense, military and tactical use. Also, it’s accuracy at close to medium range has made it popular with hunters and target shooters. Determining the best optics for the 300 Blackout scope comes down to need, want and application.
Best 300 Blackout optics on a hunting rifle
As a hunting rifle the 300 Blackout is very versatile. Hunters like having the ability to change out magazines loaded with different velocity ammunition and being able to shoot anything from black bear to small game with the same rifle. Loaded with sub sonic ammunition the 300 Blackout is extremely quiet. Another feature that is perfect for hunting.
Top Related: Best Scope for 300 Win Mag
The only down fall is that it does not have the range and power needed for large game like moose and elk. For hunting, the best optic for 300 Blackout needs to be as versatile as the gun itself. Hunting deer, coyotes and foxes at 150 to 300 yards will require 5 – 9x magnifications. When hunting small game or target shooting at close range (up to 150 yards using 1-4x magnification) will work great. Remember the 300 Blackout caliber excels at this range. The 300 Blackout was not developed for distances over 300 yards. So, a scope that is designed to work for distances greater than 300 yards is not a necessity.
Hunting and target shooting with a bolt action rifle will require a more traditional pattern scope. This will allow for precision accuracy that will assist the hunter to not wound his pray, but to rather drop it dead in its tracks. The target shooter will be able to zero in on the bullseye with better precision and consistency. Traditional pattern scopes need standard dovetail mounts. Some scopes come with the mounts, some require you purchase them separately.
Best 300 Blackout optic on an AR platform used for tactical and self-defense
In the AR-15 platform used with a suppressor and supersonic loads, the 300 Blackout has excellent sound and flash suppression. The military uses it because it can penetrate into heavy objects, it is light weight for the troops and has a low recoil. The fact that it excels at close range makes it an excellent gun for protecting the troops, yourself and your home. Put a suppressor on it and you can target practice, or protect your home and loved ones without waking the whole neighborhood.
Related: Best Rifle Scope
The best optic on an AR platform used for tactical or defensive use will need to have low magnification, and fast target acquisition. A longer eye relief gives a better field of view around the scope which will allow for scanning for threats and the next target. Another thing to consider when choosing the best optic for the 300 Blackout on the AR platform is that it needs to be compatible with the weaver or picatinny accessory rails. Be sure to choose mounts accordingly if you need to shop for these separately. Most tactical aiming systems come with built in mounts and separate mounts will not need to be purchased.
Considerations When Choosing the Best Scope for 300 Blackout
When choosing the best scope for 300 Blackout take the following considerations into account:
- Quality of lens
- Ease of use
Durability is probably the most important to consider. You have worked extremely hard to get your rifle sighted in just perfect. Then the day comes when you use it for that big hunt, competition, or self-defense situation and the shot is way off. Was it something I did or was it the scope? Most people who have ever owned a rifle have asked themselves that question. Having a scope that holds zero under all kinds of conditions is important. Another durability issue is that the scope should have a durable, fog proof and waterproof housing for those days when you just don’t want to quit because of a little rain.
The next consideration when choosing the best scope for 300 Blackout is range. The 300 blackout is a close to midrange gun and was not developed for distances greater than 300 yards. Having a scope that is reliable from 20 to 300 yards without compromising your accuracy and speed is a major plus. High powered optics are great for 200 to 300 yards but lousy for up close. Consider what you will be using your gun for. Then, determine the range you will be shooting so you can decide on the best optic for 300 Blackout. If using your gun for multiple ranges, look for an optic that will allow you to adjust for each range.
Related: Best Scope Under $500
Quality of lens and light filtration make a big difference on those early morning, late evening and low light situations. You want to buy a scope for your 300 Blackout with multi-coated lens to filter and utilize the light to maximize brightness and light transmission. A protective coating on the lens that helps to prevent scratches and dings is another very important feature to consider.
Scopes come with different kinds of reticles. Determining the use of your 300 Blackout will help determine the type of reticle you will want your 300 Blackout optics to have. The reticle is the aiming point in your field of view in most scopes. Most commonly known as the cross hairs. For low light hunting you might consider an illuminated reticle.
- A duplex reticle is simple and straight forward and good for shooting out to 250 yards which makes it good for the 300 Blackout midrange capabilities.
- BDC reticles are good for long range hunting and target shooting at 250 plus yards.
- Mil Dot reticles are practical for those that use Mrad measurements during tactical and military use.
- ACSS stands for Advanced Combined Sighting System. It combines bullet drop, compensation, range estimation, wind and leads in one easy to use system.
- MOAR provides a precise aiming point, especially on smaller targets at longer distances.
Other considerations are how easy the scope is to adjust, the field of view and eye relief. Is the eye relief enough to protect the shooter during heavy recoil? What is the field of view like? Is it tight or wide? Is it easy to adjust between magnifications? How hard is it to adjust the reticle to sight it in to zero? Does the reticle have a system for bullet drop, compensation, range estimation, and wind adjustments?
Related: Best Scope Under $300
Value is another top priority when considering the best optic for your 300 Blackout rifles. High end brands can dictate the price and quality of the scope. The brands reputation plays a big factor in this. But for those of us that can’t afford some of the top end brands there are often more affordable brands that have the same features and quality. The warranty a brand offers will show how much trust the brand has and if the product is top quality.
Here are some of our favorite best scopes for 300 blackout rifles:
- Features Nikon’s Patented BDC 300 Reticle with a unique, open circle design that makes long-range shots easier.
- A consistent 5-Inch of eye relief keeps your brow safe – even against the heaviest recoil.
- It is made with Nikon’s fully multicoated optics for maximum brightness and light transmission.
- Adjustments are made easy with Spring-Loaded Instant Zero-Reset Turrets.
- Optimized for use with Nikon’s Spot On Ballistic Match Technology.
This scope if designed for the hunter shooting supersonic ammunition at 50 yards and over. The field of view is tight for close quarters but works good for longer distances. At 100 yards the field of view is 8.8 to 25.2 feet. When changing magnification there is always a clear view of the target.
The 5-inch eye relief along with the 40 mm objective lens allows for better light gathering capabilities, and impressive image quality while protecting the shooter from the recoil.
Related: Best Scope Under $1000
It will handle extreme recoil while staying zeroed in and has the reputation for holding zero indefinitely. The Spring-Loaded Instant Zero-Reset Turrets make zeroing in the Nikon INLINE XR BDC 300 Riflescope, Matte Black, 3-9×40 a breeze. To keep it looking like it did the day you took it out of the box it has a non-scratch finish. The only downfall is that the mounting rings are not included and will have to be purchased separately. Nikon is a top brand so expect top quality.
- Presents Leupold’s top optic qualities while being compact with lighter features.
- Finding game in the woods is easier with the light spectrum filter.
- Hunters who are into game hunting, varmint shooting or plinking will find this the perfect all-around scope.
- Owners who have bolt action rifles chambered in .300blk will find this scope a perfect match.
- Twilight Max Lens System allows for absolute light management.
- Diamond Coat lens allows for a super clear view and lens durability.
- Has a twin bias spring erector system.
- Argon/Krypton waterproofed
- Lockable fast-focus eyepiece
- Leupold scope cover
- Eye relief: 4.5 inches
- Warranty: Full lifetime guarantee
Whether hunting small game to the largest wild hog or plinking around this is a great all-around scope. The 2.5- 8 magnification allows for supersonic round to be sighted in at up to 300 yards. Subsonic rounds can be quickly zeroed in as close as 80 yards. At 300 yards there is a wide field of view which can be easily zoomed in on a target. The Twilight Max Lens System allows a clear view of the target regardless of its bright background. The large adjustment knobs make it easy to make quick magnification changes. The Leupold VX-3I 2.5-8x36mm Duplex is Argon/Krypton waterproofed and fog proof. Leupold will back this scope with a full lifetime guarantee. Leupold is a top brand so expect top quality.
3. Trijicon TA02-C-100431 ACOG 4×32 LED Battery Illuminated Red Crosshair 300 Blackout Ballistic Reticle with TA51 Mount
- The ranging reticle allows for bullet drop compensation out to 600 meters without any manual adjustments. ACOG 4×32 LED Scope, Battery Illuminated Red Crosshair 300 Blackout Ballistic Reticle w/ TA51 Mount
- 300 Blackout BDC reticle calibrated with both supersonic (110gr – 125gr) and subsonic (174gr – 240gr) ammunition
- Over 12,000 hours on setting #4 using supplied alkaline battery
- Forged Aluminum Housing Material
This scope is highly specialized for a tactical rifle or carbine. As a standard sighting option on military rifles this scope has proven to be very robust. The 4×32 optic allows it to be used for precise shooting. It has a 300 Blackout BDC reticle calibrated with both supersonic and subsonic ammunition, making it the perfect scope for a 300 Blackout rifle.
The reflex sight mounted on top of the scope allows for closer ranges, snap shooting and suppressing fire. The adjustable illuminated reticle with several reticle options is always on and battery free.
- 300 Blackout horseshoe dot reticle
- 0.5 MOA adjustment
- Field of view: 98 ft at 100 yards on low
- Eye relief: 3.3 inches
- 8 daytime Illumination setting/2 nv
- anti-reflection lens coatings providing superior light transmission
- low dispersion glass for industry leading optical clarity,
- a IPX-7 waterproof housing
- a First Focal Plane (FFP) illuminated reticle in BDC and MIL/MOA variations
- Sig Sauer’s MOTAC motion activated illumination
The Sig Sauer SOT41002 TANGO4 1-4x24mm Riflescope is great for a wide variety of applications due to the quick versatility between the different magnifications. The 1x magnification assists in making this scope great for evening and night time shooting. Use the throw lever to switch to the 4x magnification for longer shots and easy target identification. Plus, anti-reflection lens coating provides superior light transmission and low dispersion glass provides industry leading optical clarity. Target acquisition is not a problem.
It has the option of using Sig Sauer’s SBT custom ballistic turrets, custom etching the optic’s turrets specifically for a desired load for pinpoint accuracy at any range. It comes in four First Focal Plane (FFP) illuminated reticle options – a horseshoe dot BDC reticle for 5.56/7.62 or for .300 Blackout and a MIL and MOA reticle.
Simply pick up the rifle and the reticle turns on, and you are ready to go. This scope is equipped with MOTAC technology. MOTAC technology, means the illumination is manually or motion activated. The Sig Sauer MOTAC technology preserves battery life, while providing the benefits of an always on reticle – making this the Sig Sauer 1-4×24 a great variable optic for home defense or at home on a LEO patrol rifle.
Sig Sauer’s 5-year electronic component warranty covers all defects in the electronic components and their infinite guarantee provides a lifetime guarantee on everything else.
5. Primary Arms 1-6X24mm SFP Riflescope Patented ACSS 5.56/5.45 / .308 Reticle Gen III – PA1-6X24SFP-ACSS-5.56
- PATENTED ADVANCED COMBINED SIGHTING SYSTEM (ACSS): BDC compatible with 5.56 NATO, 5.45×39, and .308 Win.
- 1-6X MAGNIFICATION: The second focal plane design keeps the reticle the same sign at all magnifications from low power to advanced reticle functionality at 6X maximum power.
- RED PARTIAL ILLUMINATION: Powered by a single CR2032 battery has 11 settings of brightness to take the reticle to daylight bright.
- RUGGED AND DURABLE: The 6063-aluminum body with multi-coated lenses is nitrogen purged, fog resistant and has an IP67 waterproof rating.
- LIFETIME WARRANTY: If a defect due to materials, workmanship, or normal wear and tear has caused your product to malfunction, Primary Arms will either repair or replace.
Designed for Close Quarters Battle and medium range shooting, this scope matches up very well to 300 Blackout. Primary Arms 1-6X24mm SFP Riflescope has a 1-6X magnification. The second focal plane design keeps the reticle the same sign at all magnifications from low power to advanced reticle functionality at 6X maximum power.
The type of reticle that comes with this model is all about quick ranging, and acquiring the target in the shortest time possible. The reticle has a bullet drop compensation (BDC), automatic range, leads and wind hold. These features make this scope ideal for tactical applications, gun competitions and hunting. Furthermore, this scope has red partial illumination which is powered by a single CR2032 battery. It has 11 settings of brightness for the most effective use needed.
Primary arms will back this scope with a lifetime warranty if a defect due to materials, workmanship, or normal wear and tear.
This is great for those who need to use the scope on a moving target. The hash lines match up very well with supersonic ammo. But with subsonic ammo the hash lines won’t line up perfect. A simple drop test will give you an idea where they do line up. The wind resistance of this model helps you to have the best accuracy at all times.
- Built on a 30mm main tube with hard anodized finish
- Dead-Hold BDC reticle
- premium, fully multi-coated, extra-low dispersion lenses
- XR coatings provide enhanced light gathering capability while Armortek coating protects the lenses.
- Capped reset turrets allow quick re-indexing of the turret to zero after sighting in the riflescope
- Side knob parallax adjust allows quick and easy parallax adjustments with range numbers visible while in the shooting position.
- Fast focus eyepiece
- MAG-Bar allows rapid, easy chances in magnification.
- O-ring sealed and argon purged provides fog proof and waterproof performance
The Viper 6.5-20×50 riflescope is ideal for long range, predator/varmint, and target applications. Built on a 30mm main tube with a hard-anodized finish, the Viper 6.5-20×50 is a rugged, tough hunting scope. The Dead-Hold BDC reticle is good for any hunting or shooting at varying ranges. The XR coatings provide enhanced light gathering capability while Armortek coating protects the lenses.
This scope is easy to use with Capped reset turrets allow quick re-indexing of the turret to zero after sighting in the riflescope. Side knob parallax adjust, allows quick and easy parallax adjustments with range numbers visible while in the shooting position. The fast focus eyepiece allows for quick and easy reticle focusing while the MAG-Bar allows rapid, easy changes in magnification. O-ring sealed and argon purged, the Viper provides fog proof and waterproof performance.
- 4.5-14x zoom magnification
- 42mm objective lens
- 4.5-14x zoom magnification
- 42mm objective lens
- Ballistic Plex Reticle, 2nd Focal Plane
- Longer lower vertical hair with dots for ballistic drop compensation out to 500 yards
- Parallax-free to 50 yards
- 1″ Diameter One-Piece Main-Tube
- 1/4 MOA/Click Impact Point Correction
- 40 MOA Windage/Elevation Adjustment
- Capped Low-Profile Turrets
- Anodized 6061 T-6 Aluminum Housing
- Index-Matched Hi-Lume Multi-Coated Optics increases light transmission, improves color rendition and contrast, reduces glare
- Nitrogen-Filled, Water and Fog proof
- Adjustable Objective Parallax Correction
This scope falls into the Burris hunting line of riflescopes. Suited for mid to long-range, the Burris Optics 4.5-14×42 Fullfield II Riflescope is outfitted with a wide and versatile zoom range.
This scope would not be ideal for close quarter combat with the lowest magnification of 4.5. The objective was to balance light-gathering capabilities without being oversized. While keeping the size minimal they were able to still make the scope easy to use. This is thanks to textured zoom and adjustable objective parallax correction collars, low-profile capped turrets, and an uncluttered ranging duplex crosshair reticle. Burris’ forty years of optical engineering experience has resulted in scopes with clarity and unfailing reliability.
Getting on your target faster is easier. After all, impact point correction is made at 1/4 MOA per click with a total adjustment range of 40 MOA on both the windage and elevation. Its 6061 T-6 aluminum housing features a 1″ one-piece main-tube with a corrosion and scratch-resistant matte-black anodized finish. The optical tube is nitrogen-filled and O-ring sealed for water and fog proof performance in all weather and conditions. Plus, Burris backs their scopes with their Forever warranty.
- The 56mm objective lens gives excellent light to the scope.
- Optional illuminated reticles.
- Internal Adjustments: Elev- 80MOA/21.8 MIL, Wind-50MOA/ 13.6MIL
- Tube Diameter: 30mm
- Eye Relief: 3.15-3.54″
- Mounting Length (inches/mm): 6.5/165
- Weight (ounce/gram): 30.5/865
The Nightforce SHV 5-20x 56mm might be the perfect scope for close and distant hunting. This scope is an excellent choice for the serious hunter who shoots both close and long-range hunting. If you want a scope with a wide range of customizable features that will work no matter what you’re hunting, the Nightforce SHV 5-20x 56mm is a good choice. But if you are a new scope owner, this scope might be a bit much for you. After all, with a lot of adjustments and additional features it may seem a bit overwhelming.
The 56mm objective lens makes the target appear brighter inside the scope but makes the scope larger and heavier. If you hunt at dawn and dusk when fading light interferes with a clear target than a large objective lens is a benefit.
With a total of four reticle choices you are prepared for any situation. It is available in International Hunting Reticle with bars at 3 and 6 o’clock either unilluminated or illuminated, or an MOAR-20 Center Illuminated reticle. Both reticles feature floating crosshair in the center. The internal adjustment range of this scope is (elevation in MOA/Mil and windage in MOA/Mil) e: 80/21.8 w: 50/13.6. The MOA click value on the knobs is 0.250.
Nightforce takes pride in the quality of their scopes. Before a scope is sent to a customer it undergoes 70-130 quality control checks. The NightForce SHV 5-20x56mm Riflescope is shockproof and durable and should last a long time with no problems.